In the heart of the Pink City of Jaipur (Rajasthan, India) lies a majestic treasure that captures the essence of Rajputana grandeur – the magnificent Amber Fort. Nestled amidst the rugged hills, this architectural beauty takes you on a journey back in time, where regal tales intertwine with breathtaking views.
As you step into the famous Amber Fort of Jaipur, also called Amer Fort, prepare to be mesmerized by the opulent palaces, intricate artwork, and a rich tapestry of history that unfolds before your eyes.
If you are visiting Jaipur with or without Rajasthan Tour Packages, you simply can’t miss this fort. Here, you will find all the information about Amer Fort Jaipur, including its history, architecture, attractions inside, activities and experienced, opening and closing timings, ticket price or entry fee, and more.
History of Amber Fort Jaipur
Let’s first know about the Jaipur Amer Fort’s history and story.
Once upon a time, in the 16th century, there was a king named Raja Man Singh I. He was a trusted general of Emperor Akbar and ruled over the region of Amer, now known as Jaipur in Rajasthan, India.
Raja Man Singh I dreamed of building a grand fortress that would befit his royal stature. He chose a strategic location on the Aravalli Hills, surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty. And so, the construction of Amer Fort began.
Skilled artisans and craftsmen worked tirelessly to bring the king’s vision to life. They used locally available materials like red sandstone and marble to create a magnificent structure that blended Rajput and Mughal architectural styles.
As the fort took shape, it grew in both size and grandeur. Majestic gates were constructed, adorned with intricate carvings and delicate marble inlays. The walls were adorned with vibrant frescoes depicting scenes from mythology and tales of valor.
Within the Amer fort, opulent palaces were built for the royal family. Each palace had its own unique charm and purpose. The Sheesh Mahal, or Mirror Palace, was a marvel of craftsmanship, with walls covered in countless mirrors that reflected light in a dazzling display.
The fort also had sprawling courtyards, where the king held grand gatherings and entertained his guests. The Diwan-i-Aam, or Hall of Public Audience, was where the king addressed his subjects and conducted administrative affairs.
But Amer Fort was not just a symbol of grandeur; it also held a deep spiritual significance. The Sila Devi Temple, nestled within the fort, became a revered site for worship. Devotees from far and wide came to pay their respects to the goddess Kali.
Throughout the centuries, Amer Fort witnessed the ebb and flow of history. It saw the rise and fall of empires, and the triumphs and challenges faced by the Kachwaha dynasty. It stood as a silent witness to the passage of time.
As one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan, Amer Fort stands tall, enchanting visitors with its timeless beauty and rich history. Tourists from around the world flock to experience the grandeur of this architectural masterpiece. As they walk through its corridors, they can almost hear the echoes of the past, whispering stories of kings and queens, valor and romance.
Timeline of Amber Fort’s History:
- 1592: Construction of Amber Fort begins under the reign of Raja Man Singh I, a trusted general of Emperor Akbar.
- 1600s: The fort undergoes expansion and renovation during the rule of Raja Jai Singh I.
- 1727: The capital of the Kachwaha dynasty is shifted from Amber to Jaipur, marking the decline of the fort’s political significance.
- 19th century: Amber Fort experiences sporadic invasions and attacks by Marathas and other neighboring powers.
- 1956: Amber Fort becomes a part of the state of Rajasthan after India’s independence.
- 1986: UNESCO designates Amber Fort, along with other Hill Forts of Rajasthan, as a World Heritage Site.
- Present day: Amber Fort remains a popular tourist attraction, showcasing the rich history and architectural splendor of Jaipur.
Architecture of Amber Fort Jaipur
Amer Fort or Amber Fort is an architectural marvel that showcases the exquisite blend of Rajput and Mughal styles, sure to captivate the hearts of visitors like you. Nestled in the charming city of Jaipur, this fort stands as evidence of India’s rich history and cultural heritage.
As you step foot into Amer Fort, prepare to be awestruck by the stunning structures and intricate detailing that adorn its walls. The fort’s grandeur is evident in its elaborate courtyards, palaces, temples, and gardens, each reflecting the opulence and grandeur of the bygone era. The fusion of Rajput and Mughal architectural elements creates a harmonious symphony, leaving you enchanted by the beauty and craftsmanship on display.
One of the highlights of Amer Fort is the Sheesh Mahal, also known as the Mirror Palace. Prepare to be dazzled as you enter this magnificent palace, where walls adorned with countless mirrors create a mesmerizing visual spectacle. The delicate craftsmanship and attention to detail are truly remarkable, as the mirrors reflect and multiply the light, creating an enchanting atmosphere within the palace.
As you explore further, you’ll discover the intricate designs and motifs that embellish the fort’s structures. The delicate jali work, intricately carved pillars, and majestic archways show the skilled craftsmanship of the artisans of that era. Take a moment to admire the fine detailing and the perfect blend of geometric patterns and floral motifs that adorn the fort’s walls and ceilings.
Beyond the architecture, Amer Fort offers a glimpse into the rich history of the region. The fort’s walls have witnessed the grandeur of Rajput kings and the influence of Mughal emperors, making it a significant historical landmark. Take your time to explore the numerous rooms, chambers, and corridors that unfold the stories of the past, allowing you to immerse yourself in the glory of ancient times.
Surrounded by the rugged Aravalli hills, Amer Fort also offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. As you wander through its vast premises, take a moment to soak in the panoramic vistas and appreciate the fort’s strategic location, which once served as a fortress and a royal residence.
Whether you’re a history enthusiast, an architecture lover, or simply someone seeking to unravel the mysteries of the past, Amer Fort is a must-visit place to visit in Jaipur India.
Suggested Reading: Palace on Wheels Train in India
Must-See Attractions Inside Amer Fort
When visiting Amer Fort of Jaipur, there are several must-see attractions that will make your experience rich and leave you in awe of the architectural and cultural wonders within. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Palace)
The walls adorned with countless mirrors create a breathtaking sight, reflecting and multiplying light in a mesmerizing display. It is a great example of intricate designs and craftsmanship that went into creating this dazzling palace.
2. Diwan-i-Aam (Hall of Public Audience)
Diwan-i-Aam is the place where the rulers of Amer held court and addressed their subjects. The finely carved pillars and archways that surround the hall are admirable.
3. Ganesh Pol
As you wander through the fort and Amer Palace Jaipur, you’ll come across the Ganesh Pol, an ornate gateway dedicated to Lord Ganesha, the Hindu deity of wisdom and prosperity. The beautifully painted frescoes and delicate artwork on the gate will captivate your attention.
4. Sukh Niwas (Hall of Pleasure)
Sukh Niwas is a cool and airy hall where the kings of Amer sought respite from the scorching desert heat. The hall features a unique ventilation system called the “jharokhas,” which allowed cool breezes to flow through the space.
5. Jas Mandir (Hall of Private Audience)
Jas Mandir has the private quarters of the kings. This intricately designed hall served as a place for private meetings and intimate gatherings. You will admire the delicate marble work, exquisite mirror inlays, and stunning artwork that adorn the walls.
6. Shila Devi Temple
Pay a visit to the Shila Devi Temple in Amber Palace Jaipur, dedicated to the goddess Kali. The temple’s silver doors and intricate carvings are a sight to behold. Experience the spiritual aura and witness the rituals performed in honor of the deity.
7. Maota Lake
Take a moment to appreciate the scenic beauty of Maota Lake, which lies in front of Amer Fort. The tranquil waters and the reflection of the fort create a picturesque setting, adding to the fort’s charm and providing an excellent backdrop for memorable photographs.
Experiences and Activities at Amber Fort
Visiting Amer Fort not only provides an opportunity to see its architectural but also offers unique experiences that will make your visit truly memorable.
1. Elephant Ride
Go for a traditional elephant ride to ascend the steep path leading to the fort’s main entrance. This experience allows you to embrace the royal heritage of Amer and offers a panoramic view of the surrounding landscape as you make your way up.
The elephant ride at Amber fort costs INR 1,100 for one-way. Two passengers maximum are allowed. The timings to enjoy this ride is from 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
2. Sound and Light Show
Attend the famous sound and light show at Amber Fort held in the evening. Through a combination of light effects and narration, the show recounts the history of the Amber fort and brings its glorious past to life, leaving you spellbound with the tales of valor and grandeur.
3. Costume Photography
Feel the regal ambiance of Amer Fort by dressing up in traditional Rajasthani attire. Capture photographs against the backdrop of the fort’s exquisite architecture, feeling like a true royal as you relish this unique experience.
4. Explore the Secret Passages
Visit the hidden secrets of Amer Fort by exploring its intricate network of secret passages. These passages were once used by the royals to move discreetly within the fort, and unraveling their mysteries adds an element of adventure to your visit.
5. Evening Aarti at the Shila Devi Temple
If you visit during the evening, witness the mesmerizing aarti (prayer ceremony) at the Shila Devi Temple. The temple is beautifully lit up, and the rhythmic chants and the fragrance of incense create a sacred atmosphere that fills your heart with tranquility and devotion.
6. Amber Fort Jeep Ride
You can explore this fort of Jaipur with a jeep also. The cost of jeep ride at Amber fort is INR 500.
7. Cultural Performances
Experience the cultural heritage of Rajasthan through live performances of traditional folk dances and music. These captivating performances, often held within the fort premises, showcase the rich artistic traditions of the region, leaving you enthralled by the colorful costumes, rhythmic beats, and graceful movements.
Amer Fort Timings 2023
Here are the opening and closing timings of Amber Fort of Jaipur:
|Day||Opening Time||Closing Time|
|Monday||8:00 AM||5:30 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM||5:30 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM||5:30 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM||5:30 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM||5:30 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM||5:30 PM|
|Sunday||8:00 AM||5:30 PM|
Amer Fort Ticket Price 2023 (Entry Fee)
Below is the entry fee of Amber Fort Jaipur for Indians, foreigners, as well as students:
|Category||Ticket Price (INR)|
|Children (Below 7)||Free|
|Light and Sound Show||₹200|
Amer Fort Night Show (Light and Sound)
The Sound and Light show at Amer Fort offers an amazing experience while bringing the history of the fort to life through mesmerizing visuals, music, and storytelling.
As darkness descends upon the fort, the Night Show begins with a play of lights illuminating the majestic architecture. The carefully choreographed sound and light effects, accompanied by a narrated script, create a magical ambiance that transports you to the bygone era of kings and queens.
The stories of legendary rulers, heroic battles, and love stories unfold, engaging your senses and evoking a sense of awe and wonder. The story is well scripted by the famous Indian poet and writer Gulzar. It is well-narrated by the legendary Amitabh Bachchan.
The Night Show at Amer Fort is a delightful combination of history, art, and entertainment. The vivid portrayal of events, coupled with the dramatic setting, leaves a lasting impression, offering a unique perspective on the fort’s rich heritage.
Amer Fort Night Show Timings and Ticket Price 2023
|Time of Year||Language||Timings||Ticket Price|
|1 April to 30 Sept||English||7:30 PM to 8:25 PM||₹250|
|Hindi||8:30 PM to 9:25 PM||₹250|
|1 Oct to 31 March||English||6:30 PM to 7:25 PM||₹250|
|Hindi||7:30 PM to 9:25 PM||₹250|
Best Time of The Day to Visit Amber Fort and Palace Jaipur
The best time to visit Amber Fort in Jaipur, India, is in the morning, shortly after the fort opens.
Arriving early allows you to avoid large crowds and the intense heat of the afternoon, especially during the summer months when temperatures can rise significantly.
- The fort opens at 8:00 AM, so if you can arrive around that time, you’ll have a better chance of exploring the site comfortably and enjoying the beautiful architecture and views without feeling too hot or crowded.
- Another advantage of visiting in the morning is that the lighting conditions are generally better for photography, as the sunlight is softer and creates a pleasant ambiance for capturing the details and colors of the fort and palace.
Keep in mind that the fort can still get busy, especially during peak tourist seasons or weekends. Therefore, it’s advisable to plan your visit early in the day to make the most of your experience.
How to Reach Amber Fort?
If you are already in Jaipur and wish to visit Amer Fort, there are several convenient ways to reach the fort.
1. By Car or Taxi:
The most common and convenient way to reach Amer Fort is by hiring a car or taxi. You can easily find taxi services or book a private cab in Jaipur. The fort is located approximately 11 kilometers away from the city center, and the journey takes around 30 minutes, depending on traffic conditions. If you are travelling with Jaipur Tour Package, Rajasthan Tour Package, or Golden Triangle Tour Package, then you will get everything managed.
2. By Auto-Rickshaw:
Auto-rickshaws, also known as tuk-tuks, are a popular mode of transportation in Jaipur. You can hire an auto-rickshaw to reach Amer Fort from Jaipur. Negotiate the fare beforehand or ask the driver to go by the meter. It is one of the most important travel tips in India. The ride may take around 30 minutes to reach the fort.
3. By Public Bus:
Jaipur has a well-connected public bus system. You can take a bus from Jaipur to Amer Fort. Look for buses heading towards Amer or Amer Fort and board the one that suits your location. The bus journey may take around 45 minutes to reach the fort.
Once you reach the vicinity of Amer Fort, you can either take an elephant ride or walk up the hill to reach the fort’s entrance. The elephant ride is a popular and traditional way to ascend the fort, but it is subject to availability and weather conditions.
Best Hotels Near Amer Fort Jaipur
Here are some of the best hotels in Jaipur located within 10 kilometers of Amer Fort:
1. Trident Jaipur
- Distance: 3.6 kilometers
- Details: A luxury hotel offering elegant rooms, a swimming pool, multiple dining options, and a serene ambiance. It provides a perfect blend of modern amenities and Rajasthani hospitality.
2. The Raj Palace
- Distance: 4.3 kilometers
- Details: A heritage hotel known for its opulent decor, luxurious suites, and impeccable service. This palatial hotel offers a glimpse into the royal past of Rajasthan.
3. Samode Haveli
- Distance: 4.9 kilometers
- Details: A charming haveli-turned-hotel featuring exquisite architecture, beautifully designed rooms, a courtyard, and a swimming pool. It provides a traditional Rajasthani experience with modern comforts.
4. Alsisar Haveli
- Distance: 5.1 kilometers
- Details: A heritage hotel housed in a restored haveli with intricate frescoes and antique furniture. It offers well-appointed rooms, a courtyard, a rooftop pool, and cultural performances.
5. The Oberoi Rajvilas
- Distance: 8.2 kilometers
- Details: A luxury resort offering spacious villas and tents surrounded by lush gardens. It features a spa, multiple dining options, and a serene atmosphere for a tranquil stay.
6. ITC Rajputana, A Luxury Collection Hotel
- Distance: 8.5 kilometers
- Details: A luxurious hotel known for its grand architecture, spacious rooms, and world-class amenities. It offers multiple dining options, a spa, a swimming pool, and impeccable service.
7. Fairmont Jaipur
- Distance: 9.3 kilometers
- Details: A luxurious retreat featuring elegant rooms, a spa, multiple dining options, and a grand courtyard. The hotel offers a regal experience with a blend of modern comforts.
Places to Visit Near Amber Fort
Here are some notable places to visit near Amer Fort along with their distances and brief information:
1. Jaigarh Fort
- Distance: 1.4 kilometers
- Details: Situated on a hill, Jaigarh Fort offers panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. It is known for its impressive architecture, massive cannon, and the world’s largest cannon on wheels, Jaivana.
- Distance: 7.7 kilometers
- Details: Perched on the Aravalli hills, Nahargarh Fort provides stunning views of Jaipur city. It is known for its intricate architecture, beautiful gardens, and a popular spot to enjoy a sunset view.
3. Jal Mahal
- Distance: 9.6 kilometers
- Details: Situated amidst Man Sagar Lake, Jal Mahal is a picturesque palace partially submerged in water. It offers a serene ambiance and is a great spot for photography.
4. Hawa Mahal
- Distance: 12.3 kilometers
- Details: Hawa Mahal, also known as the Palace of Winds, is a unique five-story palace known for its intricately carved windows. It served as a viewing gallery for royal women to observe street processions.
5. City Palace
- Distance: 12.7 kilometers
- Details: City Palace of Jaipur is a magnificent palace complex that showcases a blend of Rajput and Mughal architectural styles. It houses museums, courtyards, palaces, and a remarkable collection of artifacts.
6. Jantar Mantar
- Distance: 12.8 kilometers
- Details: Jantar Mantar is an astronomical observatory featuring a collection of architectural instruments used for celestial observations. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and offers an intriguing insight into ancient astronomical practices.
7. Albert Hall Museum
- Distance: 13.2 kilometers
- Details: Albert Hall Museum is a splendid Indo-Saracenic architectural marvel that houses an extensive collection of artifacts, including sculptures, paintings, textiles, and historical objects.
Restaurants Near Amber Fort
Here are some restaurants and cafes near Amer Fort along with their distances and information:
1. 1135 AD
Distance: 0.3 kilometers
Located within Amer Fort, 1135 AD offers a unique dining experience in a regal setting. The restaurant serves a variety of Rajasthani and Indian dishes, and its ambiance reflects the grandeur of the fort.
2. Stepwell Cafe
Distance: 0.7 kilometers
Situated near Amer Fort, Stepwell Cafe offers a serene ambiance and panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. It serves a range of vegetarian and vegan dishes, along with refreshing beverages.
3. Wind View Cafe
Distance: 0.9 kilometers
Overlooking Amer Fort, Wind View Cafe provides a rooftop dining experience with stunning views. It offers a selection of Indian and Continental dishes, as well as a variety of beverages.
4. Cafe Coffee Day
Distance: 1.2 kilometers
A popular chain of cafes in India, Cafe Coffee Day offers a range of coffees, beverages, and quick bites. This outlet near Amer Fort provides a convenient spot to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee.
5. The Stag Rooftop Restaurant
Distance: 1.3 kilometers
Situated close to Amer Fort, The Stag Rooftop Restaurant offers a casual dining experience with a rooftop seating area. It serves a variety of Indian and international cuisines, including vegetarian options.
6. Peacock Rooftop Restaurant
Distance: 1.4 kilometers
Known for its rooftop seating and beautiful views, Peacock Rooftop Restaurant offers a menu featuring Indian and Continental dishes. It provides a relaxed setting to enjoy a meal or a drink.
7. The Rajput Room
Distance: 1.5 kilometers
Located in a heritage property, The Rajput Room offers an elegant dining experience. It specializes in traditional Rajasthani cuisine, along with a selection of Indian and international dishes.
Amer Fort Jaipur Facts
Below are some interesting facts about Amer Fort:
- Amer Fort served as the capital of the Kachwaha Rajputs for over 700 years. It witnessed the rise and fall of various Rajput kings and their alliances with the Mughal Empire.
- The fort showcases a unique blend of Rajput and Mughal architectural styles. It combines elements like delicate frescoes, intricate mirror work, marble inlays, and imposing fortifications.
- Amer Fort was strategically built on a hilltop, providing a commanding view of the surrounding areas. This advantageous location allowed the rulers to observe any approaching threats and defend their kingdom effectively.
- The fort boasts a network of secret passages and underground tunnels. These passages served various purposes, such as providing escape routes, connecting different areas of the fort, and enabling surprise attacks on invaders.
- Amer Fort has an ingenious rainwater harvesting system. Channels were built to collect rainwater and channel it into underground reservoirs. This system ensured a steady water supply for the fort and the surrounding areas.
- Amer Fort has been featured in several movies, both Bollywood and international productions. Its stunning architecture and picturesque surroundings have made it a popular choice for filmmakers.
- Along with other hill forts of Rajasthan, Amer Fort has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2013, acknowledging its cultural and historical significance.
Movies Shot at Amer Fort of Jaipur
Amer Fort’s stunning architecture and picturesque surroundings have attracted numerous filmmakers, making it a popular location for movie shoots.
1. Jodhaa Akbar (2008):
Directed by Ashutosh Gowariker, this historical romance film starring Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan features several sequences shot at Amer Fort. The fort serves as the backdrop for various royal court scenes and captures the grandeur of the Mughal era.
2. Bajirao Mastani (2015):
Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, this epic historical drama showcases the love story of Maratha warrior Peshwa Bajirao and Mastani. Amer Fort provides a majestic setting for several significant sequences in the film, capturing the opulence and grandeur of the era.
3. Bhool Bhulaiyaa (2007):
This comedy-thriller directed by Priyadarshan stars Akshay Kumar, Vidya Balan, and Shiney Ahuja. The fort’s interiors are prominently featured in the film, adding a mysterious and haunting ambiance to the storyline.
4. Veer (2010):
Directed by Anil Sharma, this period action film features Salman Khan in the lead role. Amer Fort serves as the backdrop for various battle sequences, capturing the valor and grandeur of the Rajput era.
5. The Fall (2006):
Directed by Tarsem Singh, this fantasy-adventure film showcases the story of a stuntman and a young girl. Amer Fort’s stunning architecture and vibrant colors are prominently featured, adding a magical and visually captivating element to the narrative.
6. Lamhe (1991):
Directed by Yash Chopra, this romantic drama features Anil Kapoor and Sridevi in lead roles. Amer Fort’s magnificent architecture provides a picturesque backdrop for several key scenes in the film.
7. Bol Bachchan (2012):
Directed by Rohit Shetty, this comedy film stars Ajay Devgn, Abhishek Bachchan, and Asin. The fort’s grandeur is captured in various sequences, adding a regal touch to the comedic storyline.
8. Shuddh Desi Romance (2013):
Directed by Maneesh Sharma, this romantic comedy-drama features Sushant Singh Rajput and Parineeti Chopra. Amer Fort’s scenic beauty is showcased in a song sequence, highlighting the fort’s architectural splendor.
9. Sonar Kella (1974):
Directed by Satyajit Ray, this Bengali adventure film follows the story of a young boy and his quest for a hidden treasure. Amer Fort’s exteriors and interiors serve as a prominent location, bringing an aura of mystery to the film.
10. Karan Arjun (1995)
Directed by Rakesh Roshan, this action-packed drama stars Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan. Amer Fort is featured in several song sequences, showcasing its grandeur and adding a visual spectacle to the film.
11. The Dark Knight Rises (2012):
Directed by Christopher Nolan, this superhero film starring Christian Bale as Batman includes a sequence shot at Amer Fort. The fort’s imposing architecture serves as the backdrop for a scene involving Bruce Wayne (Batman) and Selina Kyle (Catwoman).
12. The Fall (2006):
Directed by Tarsem Singh, this visually stunning fantasy-adventure film features several scenes shot at Amer Fort. The fort’s intricate details and vibrant colors are showcased, adding to the film’s magical and surreal atmosphere.
13. The Jungle Book (2016):
Directed by Jon Favreau, this live-action adaptation of Rudyard Kipling’s classic novel includes a sequence filmed at Amer Fort. The fort’s grandeur and picturesque surroundings provide a stunning backdrop for Mowgli’s journey.
Amber Fort Jaipur FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to Amer Fort at Jaipur:
The Amer Fort open time is 8:00 AM everyday.
Amer Fort is located in Amer area of Jaipur City in Rajasthan, India.
Amber fort of Jaipur was originally built by Raja Man Singh. It was then expanded by Jai Singh I.
The time required to explore Amer Fort is around 2 to 3 hours.
Yes, you can hire a guide at Amer Fort who will provide you with detailed information about the fort’s history, architecture, and notable attractions. Guides are available at the entrance of the fort, starting from INR 400.
Yes, photography is allowed inside Amer Fort.
Yes, there are a few restaurants and cafes located within the premises of Amer Fort where you can enjoy a meal or refreshments during your visit.
Amer Fort has certain areas that may pose challenges for people with mobility issues due to the presence of stairs and uneven surfaces. However, there are accessible routes and facilities available to make the fort more accessible. It is advisable to check with the authorities beforehand for specific accessibility information.
Yes. Amer Fort is open on all days of the week. It remains closed only once in a year on the occasion of Holi festival.
No, the Light and Sound Show at Amer Fort is a separate attraction and requires a separate ticket. The ticket price for the show can be obtained from the ticket counter or through official sources.
Amer Fort, also known as Amber Fort, was built in the 16th century. Its construction began in 1592 by Raja Man Singh I, and it was later expanded by successive rulers.
The architect of Amer Fort is believed to be Maharaja Man Singh I. He drew inspiration from both Rajput and Mughal architectural styles, resulting in the unique fusion seen in the fort’s design.
Amer Fort was built as a strategic fortress and a royal residence for the rulers of Amer. Its location on a hill provided a vantage point for defense and allowed the rulers to oversee their kingdom.